Thursday, September 10, 2009

August 7, 2009

SURGERY DAY!!!

My wonderful mom worked until 4am and got on a plane hours later to fly out to Utah for my surgery. It was scheduled for 5pm that night. I had to deal with the intense pain ALL day with NO FOOD!!! Man, what a struggle. Once I got to the hospital and an IV was started, my first question was, "Can I have some pain medicine?!" Man, once that was injected, I thought the pain would go away right away, alas that was not the case!

Dr. Johannson was running a bit late so when she finally arrived it was time to get the show on the road! The Anesthesiologist took me back and as I was transfering beds, I asked if he injected the meds in me. The next thing I knew, I was waking up in the recovery room! He was definetly sneaky!!!

Usually as I wake up I can be mean to the nurses. However my mom warned the doc that I wake up and do not feel good along with me not being very nice. The Anesthesiologist listened for sure because when I woke up, I was just fine! :) I actually was probably a little too nice... haha I had to do a couple of breathing treatments due to me just getting over pneumonia. (I KNOW I KNOW... I always have health problems!) Once I got back to the room, everyone was laughing at me. I apparently said a lot to everyone... I remember a little but not too much. hahah :)

I remember sitting in bed that night thinking to myself... Wow, I didnt realize what I was really getting myself into. I was not able to move much nor did I realize how major the surgery was. I was told the cyst (now classifed as a tumor) was about a total of 20 pounds which ruptured as it was being removed. I had a 9 inch scar from my belly button down! Now I for sure wont be wearing a bikini!!! haha

I was also given an epidural which I HIGHLY recommend. It was absolutely fantastic!!! I was numb throughout my stomach and part of my thighs and anytime I needed more pain med, I just had to push this button. I loved every second of it!!!!!

At this point, all I wanted was some NORMAL food... not crackers, Sprite, Jello... something with substance. I would need to wait until the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment