Thursday, September 10, 2009

Catching up... yet again! :)

Yes I am bad at updating my blog on a regular basis. Usually I have no excuse, however this time I do! :) I have had quite the challenge placed before me and have had to learn how to deal with everything that has been thrown at me.

On August 5th I went to the doctor for a bump I noticed in my belly button. As the doctor exaimed me she said I had an umbillical hernia which would need surgery to remove. I thought to myself... MAN, I dont want to have surgery!!! She further said she felt I needed to have an ultrasound done before my stomach felt rock hard and I needed to be further assessed. Ok, I can do an ultrasound, NO BIGGIE!!! :) Well, that night I could not sleep and was in some serious pain. As I got out of bed to get ready for my 8:15am ultrasound I could not even walk! From my bathroom to my bed its about 20 feet. That 20 feet literally was the most painful 20 feet I have ever had to endure. I called me mom and barely being able to talk she caught enough of what I had to say that she called Tina and she took me to the ER. :) Great, just what I needed, to go to the ER!!!!! Anyways, Tina sat with me until my grandma was able to show up. I had blood work done, X-Rays, and a CT scan. I felt as though I was having all these tests yet no results with how long the ER takes!!!!! Then the dreaded news came... the ER doc came in and said my WBC count was way too high and that the CT scan showed a 25cm mast on my left ovary. I questioned him and said, "Don't you mean 25mm?" Yeah, no! He said it was about the size of a volleyball and I would need to go see my OBGYN immediately. The nurse made an appointment with my OB and that appointment would tell me what was next!

The OB appointment... Well I have by far the best OB doctor EVER!!! She walked in and just put it to me straight... She had never seen anything this large before and I needed surgery the next day! I just love her!!! She wears her biking sunglasses on top of her head along with a variety of Converse shoes! As soon as the surgery was scheduled, my grandma was on the phone with my dad and he booked my mom a flight out to Utah for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment