Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Big Question?!

I have gotten this a lot...

"How did you not know there was something wrong?"

"Did you not feel weird?"

"Did you not notice you gained weight?"

"Were you getting a regular Pap?"

"How old are you and you had what removed?"

The best one by a nurse in the hospital... "Where is your baby?!"

To answer all those... No I did not really notice anything different. For the past year I had been pretty sick, tired, worn out, etc but never thought I had a major problem. I noticed I gained some weight but was so frustrated because I was doing all I could to loose weight. I ended up getting more sick after school got out in May. From there it was just a downward sprial... I was not able to lay on my stomach because it hurt too much, my GERD (acid reflux) was out of control, my back hurt, I had bad headaches, got pleuricy and pneumonia. Since the surgery, NONE of that has occured. It really is amazing to me to see that this tumor had been causing ALL sorts of problems. I have never felt better and it really is a miracle!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok amazing that you have been through all this and are recovering. Have your doctors made a final diagnosis as to what type of growth/tumor it was? So glad for you that it did not rupture pre-surgery.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete