Tuesday, October 27, 2009

September 24, 2009


Today was the day to get out of bed and try to walk around!!!! :) Yesterday i tried to however since my leg was numb I did not succeed. I made it from the bed to the chair with the help of my nurse, CNA, and dad!!! I was actually able to get up and make a round around the 11th floor!!!

It was kind of weird to walk around with my catheter but my dad made it funny saying that we had my pee in tow! :) hahaha It was cool to see the other nurses and CNA's that were helping me encourage me to walk more. Again, they were SO nice and just the best people EVER!

I had one of the best views in the hospital, I thought!!! My room faced the mountains and where Life Flight would land. My dad and I actually watched these construction people make a parking lot. In the week I was in the hospital we watched it start from just dirt to a fully surfaced parking lot. haha

As far as meals go, all I had AGAIN was Chicken broth, Jello, and orange gelato. No matter how hard I tried to convince the nurse that I was fine to eat regular food, didn't work! However, I was given some pudding!!! hahaha Yes, it worked!

Dr. Jolles also came in today with the verdict of what was found. Before he even made it through the door all he could say was, "It's a miracle!" He could not explain how the other tumor that was found was not cancer. He said I was cancer free and that it was all gone!!!! I didn't know how to react. My grandma and dad were so happy they didn't know how to react either.

My dad walked out of the room for a minute after the doctor left to have a moment to himself. He told me while he was out there staring at the mountains, he heard a voice that said, "I healed her!" Wow!!!! When my dad told me that I was overwhelmed. I know I had a HUGE smile on my face to know that I was healed and that it truly was a miracle that I was cancer free.

I was at a loss trying to figure out how in the world I could thank everyone for all the love, support, tears, prayers, blessings, etc. that were given in my name. I felt so loved and thankful to anyone and everyone!!!!!


The Keith family came to visit me and we had a blast. Even though I could not move much it was nice to have visitors!!! The trip to Murray is a long one from Ogden but it was so cool to have them drive. They are so supportive of me and I love them to death!!!!

One of the most memorable moments of the day was at night when I had a new nurse come in, Leslie. She said she had heard the good news and was happy for me. My dad told her of his experience and how it truly was a miracle. At that moment it was the first time I had cried!!! All these emotions swelled and starting coming out. Leslie became teary eyed too and gave me a HUGE hug!!! She reminded me a lot of my mom and it was great to have her and my dad there while I started to realize everything that had happen for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment