Sunday, October 11, 2009

September 3, 2009

This was the day I went to see Dr. Christopher Jolles. My appointment was at 5pm but since it was an appointment he made to squeeze me in I had to wait til about 5:45pm to see him. While waiting in the office, the average age of the women in the office was about 65. I felt so young yet so bad for the women in there since they had all been going through Chemotherapy.

I was not really sure what to expect in this appointment nor did I know how the doctor was going to be. Talking with him about the options and things that would need to be done I felt such a peaceful and calm feeling about Dr. Jolles. After reading through my chart he was particularly drawn to my appendix rupturing when I was 12. He said that when the appendix ruptures the fluid can create tumors on the ovaries which is exactly what happen to me. He started to write out the options I could do until the surgery notes were faxed in. Once he read that the tumor ruptured as it was being removed his plan of attack changed! He was concerned that since there was cancer within the tumor which suffocated my ovary he would need to do exploratory surgery in order to rule out the possibility of the cancer cells embedding themselves elsewhere.

At this point I was pretty speechless while he was telling me everything. My grandma was actually the one asking all the questions and getting the info since I didn't know what to say or do. The end result was SURGERY... AGAIN!!! Jolles said he would need to take biopsies of my organs and tissues and whatever needed to be done! Honestly, I was sad, upset, calm, confused, and happy all in one. The reason I say happy is because I felt that Jolles was a very good doctor. He is one of the only doctors in the state that specializes in female cancer like mine. He had such a caring and composed nature about him that I felt very confident.

After the appointment I called my family to let them know the verdict and start to get things worked out for my next surgery. My grandma and I went to Paradise Bakery in Bountiful to eat dinner. FYI, Paradise is SO GREAT!!! Joshua Allen introduced me to it and I have been there a couple times since, I LOVE IT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment