Thursday, November 5, 2009

October 30, 2009

Chemo class in Layton, UT

Since it was short notice I asked my sisters to come along with me to my chemo class that was offered in the Layton Center Facility. Lisa, the lead nurse gave me TONS of information. Due to all the other info I had been given my brain was literally on shut off mode!!! I was given tons of papers however it it were not for my sisters there I would not have been able to remember it all.

Lisa actually gave Tina a highlighter to write on my pill bottles when I should take what! It was great!!!!


I learned that the drugs I would be getting through an IV would be:

  1. Aloxi, which is an anti-nausea medication and I would get that for about 20-30 minutes


  2. Taxotere, which is the first Chemo medication and its injected for about an hour


  3. Carboplatin, last Chemo med which takes about 15-60 minutes

One of the major side affects of all this is I will LOOSE ALL MY HAIR!!! Hopefully I wont loose my eyebrows or eyelashes but I will need to eventually shave my head and hopefully not have to shave my legs for a while. Whoo hoo!!!! I have secretly always wanted to shave my head, well now is the time. :)

I took this brochure before we left of different hats and scarfs I could wear while going through chemo... yeah we will see if I decide to get one of those. Not really my type of thing. :)

*I was told it is very rare to have an allergic reaction to the medication thats injected but just wait until the next post to see if Im part of the rare factor... Just take a guess!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment