Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Second Chemo Treatment

Monday, November 23, 2009 was my second dose of Chemo. I had my same seat and my parents were both able to be there for me. My appointment was at 10am and we left at 2pm. Pretty good timing considering the last one was about 6 hours due to the allergic reaction. This time I was pumped full of Benadryl which saved me from the reaction I had earlier. 4 hours seemed to go pretty fast. I was in and out of sleep and I was thankful that most of the people who walked in did not look too sick. :) However I was the only one with a shaved head!!! :)


The beanie hides my no hair! :)


Hooked up with NO HAIR!!!


My fantastic dad who has been here in Utah now for three weeks!!!


My fantastic Mom who has and would do anything for me!!!


My wonderful nurse Nurse!!! She is the best!!!

4 comments:

  1. Catherine, I am so glad you are doing great! Love the new hair do! :-) Stay healthy and think good thoughts. I just watched a movie called my sister's keeper, i read the book which was better (of course) and one family member told the girl that she needed to keep positive thoughts and ask the cancer to go away, and so i thought that was funny. Your thoughts are certainly positive probably more than mine would be this far into the game. Stay strong and we hope to see you soon! You're in our prayers. Love, Sis Duhacek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that the treatment went through without problem! It's so great that your family is able to be out here and support you through all this, let me know if there is anything I can do. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a champ Catherine!!! You still look great with your new hair do! I love your beautiful, bright smile even while getting chemo! You're awesome! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very happy to hear this last treatment went so much better! You still look so beautiful even without hair. Your smile just shines so bright that it is hard to notice anything else. I am rooting for ya and keep you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete