Thursday, November 5, 2009

October 29, 2009


The day I agreed to Chemotherapy

I found out officially on October 29th, 2009 that I would need to start chemotherapy November 2, 2009. My doctor, Anna Beck is by far one of the most compassionate doctors and her last words to me where, "I really hope you dont hate me after this..." :)

I was given 3 options that day...
  1. I could not do the treatment and have the cancer possibly come back with it only being treatable at that point and not curable.
  2. Do the treat and still have a possibility of some form of cancer coming back but not as aggressive.
  3. Doing the treament and having everything work as planned and being cancer free!!!
Obviously I elected to just do the chemo and get it over with. I figure Im young enough where I should be able to bounce back pretty good and become healthy once again... my hell, its been long enough already. :)

While I was there I took a test called BRCA which determines how likely I am to get breast cancer now that I have had Ovarian Cancer. The test is very expensive so Im still waiting on the results for that. Here is the link in case any of you are interested. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/BRCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment